advanced web statistics

How To Use Drill Powered Drain Auger

A drill powered drain auger is a useful tool for clearing clogs from your home's drains. If you have a clog in your sink, shower, or tub, you can use a drill powered drain auger to remove it quickly and easily. Here are the steps you should follow to use a drill powered drain auger.

First, you'll need to prepare the area around the drain. Remove any items that are near the drain, such as bottles, cups, and other items. Make sure that the area around the drain is clear and that there is nothing blocking the auger.

Next, you'll need to attach the auger to the drill. Most augers come with a bit that fits into the chuck of a drill. Insert the bit into the chuck and tighten it securely. Make sure that the auger is attached firmly to the drill before you proceed.

Once the auger is attached to the drill, you'll need to insert it into the drain. Start by placing the tip of the auger into the drain and then slowly feed the auger into the drain. As you feed the auger into the drain, turn the drill on to help the auger move into the drain. The auger should be able to move through the drain without too much resistance.

Once the auger has gone as far as it can into the drain, it's time to start removing the clog. Turn the drill on and slowly move the auger back and forth. This will help to loosen the clog and allow it to be pulled out of the drain. As you move the auger, you may feel resistance and that's normal. Just keep moving the auger back and forth until the clog is removed.

Finally, once the clog has been removed, turn off the drill and remove the auger from the drain. Then, check the drain to make sure that the clog is gone. If the clog is still there, you may need to repeat the process until it is completely removed.

Using a drill powered drain auger is a quick and easy way to remove clogs from your home's drains. By following these steps, you should be able to quickly and easily remove any clogs from your drains. If you find that the clog is not coming out, you may need to call a professional plumber to help you.